Water Distribution Operator/Meter Reader
Terrebonne Domestic Water District seeks to fill one full-time position as Water Distribution Operator/Meter reader. This search is for entry-level to experienced candidates with a positive attitude and willingness to learn. Ideal candidates include persons with related work experience, such as construction, excavation, general maintenance, or laborer looking for a stable, good paying job with medical and retirement benefits.
Terrebonne Domestic Water District (TDWD) is a public water utility, serving about 1600 people in Terrebonne, Oregon. Our goal is to provide clean quality water to the Terrebonne community and provide great customer service while doing so. This position is part of a small two person team to operate and maintain the water system.
- Perform manual labor, including lifting 75 pounds.
- Work outside in all weather conditions and serve after-hours on-call or in emergency situations.
- Install, maintain and read water meters.
- Complete customer service requests and other assignments.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and emergency repair of pipes, valves and hydrants.
- Operate heavy equipment (e.g. backhoe, forklift, dump truck)
- Assist with water billing and payment processing.
- Apply critical thinking skills to duties preformed on a daily basis.
- Provide excellent customer service to the customers of TDWD.
- Preform building maintenance and cleaning of District property.
- Duties to be assigned.
- Candidates must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Valid Oregon Driver’s license and clean driving record (commercial driver’s license preferred)
- Must possess an Oregon Level I Water Distribution Certification, or able to obtain within 1 year of hire
- Must possess an Oregon Cross Connection Specialist Certification, or able to obtain within 1 year of hire.
- Preference given to candidates with prior relevant experience and/or post-secondary education or certification.
Compensation and Benefits:$18.27 to $29.09 an hour DOQ/DOE. TDWD offers full benefits, including medical, vision and dental coverage, along with employer-paid Retirement plan with matching program.
Visit 8300 5th Street, Terrebonne Oregon or tdwd.org for an employment application and supplemental questions. Please return the completed application, supplemental questions, and resume to the District to be considered for the position.
Open until filled.